Zaru Soba (ざる蕎麦) is a chilled noodle dish (made from buckwheat flour) placed on top of a bamboo plate with ice, and served with soy sauce-based dipping sauce (Tsuyu／つゆ). It is usually garnished with chopped Japanese Welsh Onion (Negi／葱) and shredded dried edible seaweed (Nori／海苔) to enhance the taste.
Zaru Soba with Uni is an easy-to-make dish that you can easily prepare at home with the following steps below:
Zaru Soba Noodle:
1. Bring a large pot of water to a full boil. Add the noodles and stir them for a minute so that they don’t stick together. Boil the noodles for around ~7mins.
2. Rinse the boiled soba noodles under cold running water until cool.
3. Drain completely and transfer the noodles to the iced water in a large bowl. Set aside until the noodles are cool.
4. Place and serve the soba noodles on a bamboo mat over a plate (to catch water from noodles). Garnish with chopped Negi and shredded Nori on top.
Tsuyu Dipping Sauce:
1. Simply mix one portion of Yamasa Zaru Soba Senka with one portion of water and it is ready to be serve. You may also put some chopped Negi and Wasabi into the sauce to spice it up.
Uni (Sea Urchin):
1. Simply unbox your Uni and serve.
With everything prepared and set, now is the best time for you to take some photos for your IG before moving on to enjoy your meal. *Don't forget to tag us at @toyosu.sg too!